Press to call 000 If you are facing a crisis right now call Triple Zero (000).
In crisis now?TOP
- Calls to Triple Zero (000) are always free.
- If using a pay phone, you do not need to use a coin.
- If using a pre-paid mobile phone with no credit, you can still call Triple Zero (000) and you will be connected unless you are in a remote area where there is no mobile signal provided by ANY carrier.
- You can call 000 without having to unlock the keypad or key-in a security-protection Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- It is not possible to contact 000 using the SMS text facility on your mobile phone.
Be ready for these questionsTOP
Once you are through to the Emergency Services, you may be asked the following questions:
- The address where the incident is taking place;
- Your name and telephone number;
- The offender’s name, age and date of birth;
- Are there any weapons involved? Are you able to describe them?; and
- Are you the victim? If not, what is the victim’s name?
106—Text Emergency Relay ServiceTOP
If you have a hearing or speech impairment and your life or property is in danger, you can contact police, fire or ambulance on 106.
- You can only use 106 from a teletypewriter (TTY) which is a special text-based device or a computer with internet access.
- Callers to 106 are asked to type PPP for police, FFF for fire or AAA for ambulance. The relay officer will then call the emergency service and stay on the line to relay your conversation. An able caller can also just say “police”, “fire” or “ambulance” to the relay officer.
- The 106 service can only be dialled from a TTY, it cannot be used by an ordinary phone, SMS on a mobile phone or internet relay.
- As a TTY is connected to a fixed line, the emergency service can locate where you are calling from.