Press to call 000 If you are facing a crisis right now call Triple Zero (000).
Where to find emergency assistanceTOP
Family and Domestic Violence can get worse during a crisis. Women’s refuges and family and domestic violence support services remain open, despite the restrictions in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The WA Government has activated the State Emergency Welfare Plan to co-ordinate the provision of welfare services to the community, including for women facing family and domestic violence. Services include emergency accommodation, emergency food provision, emergency clothing and personal needs. We will update this page with more information as it becomes available.
Information in relation to assistance in an emergency can be found at the following links:
- WA family and domestic violence referral guide – information in relation to:
- Emergency accommodation including refuges;
- 24 hour helplines;
- Legal services;
- Family and domestic violence advocacy and support;
- Counseling, and much more.
- Emergency Relief Services in Western Australia – information in relation to a wide range of emergency service providers throughout Western Australia.
- Guide to services for homeless people in Perth – information in relation to services for homeless people, not just those experiencing family and domestic violence:
- Emergency accommodation;
- Centrelink assistance;
- Clothing, blankets, food, and much more.
- ER Connect – emergency and financial support services directory providing information in relation to:
- Emergency accommodation (including those that are for women and children);
- Legal services;
- Food parcels and vouchers, and much more.
Meals (and other support services)TOP
Meals and food are provided by the following agencies:
Emergency Relief and Food Access Service – provides referral to local emergency and food relief providers. The service can be accessed by calling 1800 979 777, 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), or by emailing [email protected].
Salvation Army – Morning Street Outreach Service – from 8 am at the Supreme Court Gardens and Wellington Square at 8.30am. Each person is provided with a choice of cup of tea, coffee, milo or water along with hot food and soup to start their day. Evening Street Outreach Service – providing hot meals in various locations in Perth starting around 7pm. More information can be found at the Salvation Army website.
St Vincent de Paul – provides food, material aid, budget advice, utility bills, advocacy issues as well as friendship and support through its Emergency Relief and Home Visitation Program. More information can be found at the St Vincent de Paul website or by calling the St Vincent de Paul call centre on 1300 794 054 weekdays 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Manna – serves freshly prepared meals at 1.30pm in the park at Weld Square Perth Monday to Friday. More information can be found at the Manna website.
Peel Community Kitchen – provides meals served 5 days per week, from 9:30am to 1pm, Monday to Friday. More information can be found at the Peel Community Kitchen website.
Ellenbrook and Oldridge Soup and Meal Kitchen – provides meals, bread, fruit and miscellaneous items. The weekly Meal Service is held at the Ellenbrook District Open Space Community Centre between 4pm – 6.30pm every Friday. More information can be found at the Ellenbrook and Oldridge Soup and Meal Kitchen page on the Ellenbrook community website.
Mobile Foodbank takes food to people who need it most through the Perth metro area. Their website gives a list of locations and times. However, you will first need a referral voucher from a charity (also listed at the website) in order to use the Mobile Foodbank.