Leaving an abusive relationship - strategies to consider.

2d. Emergency Assistance

Est. read time: 1 min

If you are facing a crisis right now call Triple Zero (000).

Press to call 000

Where to find emergency assistance


Information in relation to assistance in an emergency can be found at the following links:

Guide to services for homeless people in Perth – information in relation to services for homeless people, not just those experiencing family and domestic violence:

    • Emergency accommodation;
    • Centrelink assistance;
    • Counselling;
    • Clothing, blankets, food, and much more.

WA Connect – directory of community service providers managed by the WA Council of Social Service. The directory includes:

    • Emergency accommodation (including those for women and children);
    • Domestic and family violence support services;
    • Legal services;
    • Food parcels and voucher.

Meals (and other support services)


Meals and food are provided by the following agencies:

Emergency Relief and Food Access Service – provides referral to local emergency and food relief providers.  The service can be accessed by calling 1800 979 777, 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), or by emailing [email protected].

Salvation Army – Morning Street Outreach Service – from 8 am at the Supreme Court Gardens and Wellington Square at 8.30am. Each person is provided with a choice of cup of tea, coffee, milo or water along with hot food and soup to start their day. Evening Street Outreach Service – providing hot meals in various locations in Perth starting around 7pm. More information can be found at the Salvation Army website.

St Vincent de Paul – provides food, material aid, budget advice, utility bills, advocacy issues as well as friendship and support through its Emergency Relief and Home Visitation Program. More information can be found at the St Vincent de Paul website or by calling the St Vincent de Paul call centre on 1300 794 054 weekdays 9:00am to 1:00pm.

Manna – serves freshly prepared meals at 1.30pm in the park at Weld Square Perth Monday to Friday. More information can be found at the Manna website.

Peel Community Kitchen – provides meals served 5 days per week, from 9:30am to 1pm, Monday to Friday. More information can be found at the Peel Community Kitchen website.

Mobile Foodbank takes food to people who need it most through the Perth metro area.  Their website gives a list of locations and times.  However, you will first need a referral voucher from a charity (also listed at the website) in order to use the Mobile Foodbank.

[Article Updated: 19/5/21]

Was this article helpful?

Your Toolkit helps women and their families facing financial or other domestic abuse become empowered through increased skills and knowledge.


4 Steps to
Financial Freedom

Thank you to our Supporters

Supported by the Department of Communities

The contents of this website is general in nature and for reference purposes only. It does not constitute financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific financial advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action based on the information we have provided. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representation or warranties of any kind about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products or services. Even though we are able to provide links to other website, we have no control over the nature, veracity of content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement.